- Phone number
- 07702 188676
About me and my therapy practice
Is worry about your new situation keeping you awake?
Or are you feeling hopeless, lonely, perhaps even that life is meaningless?
Worrying about finances, what to do, relationships and what’s going to happen, can leave you frozen or depressed.
Online or telephone help is available now.
Services offfered Online & by phone
- Regular check in (split your hour long session, or more, over the week, to speak to someone impartial, more regularly).
- Single hour session. One off or ad hoc.
- A series of sessions.
- Support group for loneliness and isolating alone.
- Support group for struggles with overeating
- Group 'Understanding your Eating' 5 week programme
- Group 'Making love a reality' (to beat loneliness) 7 week programme.
- Ongoing support thereafter.
Short or long term support, online or by phone.
I work to help you to:
- Observe and understand yourself with compassion.
- To rest, recover and feel calmer.
- To develop stability in your relationships & at work.
- To explore strategies for managing compulsive eating, toxic relationship, or chronic loneliness.
- To gain self respect, strength, confidence and clarity.
Initial contact welcome by text, email or telephone. The first thing to do is to tell me a little bit about what you're dealing with. Then we can either book an introductory session, or set you up with a short regular appointment time. I'll look forward to connecting with you personally.Shelley Treacher MA BACP accred. Helping you to overcome obstacles.
Practice descriptionUnderstand your Binge or Comfort Eating Programme
The next ‘Understanding your Eating’ programme enrolling now. Limited places!
This programme is for you if you have been:
- Hiding your eating,
- Thinking ‘I don’t care!’ just before stuffing,
- Eating quickly,
- Feeling shame, self disgust, or frustration with yourself.
- But cannot stop.
- Learn strategies to manage your eating.
- Explore why you find it hard to stop.
- Develop self respect and ways to treat yourself better.
- Without giving up your favourite treats.
- Small, powerful, supportive group.
Making love a reality (to beat loneliness) programme
Have you been experiencing any of these feelings?
- A hole or knot in your stomach, through isolation.
- Feeling the sting of ‘still’ being single, especially in lockdown.
- Thinking that you’re destined to be alone forever.
- Shame for feeling ‘needy,‘ or for obsessing over people.
- Feeling drained from supporting everyone else.
- Understanding blocks you may have to being loved.
- Stopping toxic relationship patterns, attractions and obsessions.
- Creating more supportive friendships and relationships.
- Feeling more your empowered self.
My first session
1:1 sessions, in small, powerful, supportive groups, to really talk about these subjects with people who get it.
Everyone starts with an introductory session for an hour.
During an initial individual session you can expect to receive support and be encourged to explore. You will likely gain some enlightenment and understanding of your patterns, and how to start to tackle your concerns. This is likely to start to point you in the right direction.
If you choose to work individually with me, our sessions will be more tailored to your individual needs. Where in a group you will receive the incredible support of people who understand you. Some people like to work with more structure, some people need more time to talk and explore. Both are possible here.
What I can help with
Anger management, Anxiety, Bereavement, Child related issues, Cultural issues, Depression, Eating disorders, Health related issues, Identity issues, Infertility, Loss, Pregnancy related issues, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Sex-related issues, Sexual identity, Sexuality, Spirituality, Stress, Women's issues, Work related issues
Clients I work with
Adults, Groups, Trainee
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Online counselling, Short-term face-to-face work, Telephone counselling