- Phone number
- 07961 808131
- Flexible hours available
- Wheelchair accessible office
I currently have availability on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
About me and my therapy practice
I am a Psychodynamic counsellor, offering open-ended or short-term therapy to over 18s.
You might be feeling low, anxious, angry, lonely, or struggling with relationships. Perhaps you don't really know what is going wrong, but are finding life overwhelming. There may be events or residual feelings from the past that feel hard to reconcile or think about, or cycles that you feel trapped in. I will think with you about whatever you wish to bring to the sessions, and help you to make sense of things. We can work to a pace and depth that feels comfortable to you.
I offer regular weekly 50-minute sessions (both face-to-face and online), with the space held for you at the same day and time each week. My room is in a peaceful ground-floor location with off-street parking. I am within easy reach of Tetbury, Malmesbury, Chippenham, Nailsworth, Cirencester and surrounding villages. Bath, Bristol and Swindon are all just over half an hour's drive away.
Qualifications & work
- BACP - Registered member, British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapists
- BPC - Registered member, British Psychoanalytical Council
- 4-year Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling (WCP)
- BA English Literature (Hons)
- I regularly attend Continuing Professional Development workshops and events
- I have regular supervision in order to uphold the quality of my work
- Past posts have included counselling work at Westonbirt School, Cotswold Counselling and Wessex Counselling & Psychotherapy
- I am a pastoral tutor for Wessex counselling trainees
I follow the BACP an BPC Codes of Ethics and work with impartiality, honesty, and respect
My first session
I offer a free 20-30 minute phone call for you to tell me about what brings you to counselling.
It is likely that we will then have an initial session to think more about what is going on for you, and whether we will go forward and work together.
If we both feel that the counselling I offer would be a good fit for you, sessions will continue on a weekly basis and are for 50 minutes.
What I can help with
Anxiety, Bereavement, Child related issues, Cultural issues, Depression, Health related issues, Identity issues, Loss, Obsessions, OCD, Phobias, Pregnancy related issues, Relationships, Self esteem, Self-harm, Sex-related issues, Sexuality, Stress, Trauma, Women's issues, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Clients I work with
Adults, Older adults
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Online therapy, Short-term face-to-face work