- Phone number
- Flexible hours available
- Wheelchair accessible office
- Available for home visits
I have availability Mon-Fridays 9-4 pm. I offer face to face and Zoom appointments.
About me and my therapy practice
Imagine what it will feel like to take the risk to "speak the unspoken". I believe this is at the heart of healing - letting our inner selves out - to be seen and heard - and accepted for this...
Theoretical Approach: Integrative (Psychodynamic, CBT, Person Centred)
As adults we will often act out our familiar childhood responses when in situations of conflict or fear. We don't usually realise we are doing this as it is outside of our awareness - in our unconscious mind. So we may find ourselves struggling to know how to make changes or get out of the rut we find ourselves stuck in - we repeat negative, unhelpful patterns. My approach will support you to look at this and invite you to challenge the blindspots you may have developed over many years. I will help you to explore this and what it means to you in the present. By understanding yourself and what makes you tick, you will be able to consider, in a new way, the choices available to you and what you may want and need to do differently now. We are all agents for our own change...
I offer a confidential and supportive environment, welcoming you to talk through any thoughts and feelings which up to now you may not have been able to give voice to.
In addition to my Integrative approach I specialise in Psychosexual & Relationship Therapy.
This therapy is available to both individuals and couples wanting to improve their physical and emotional relationship/s. The therapy will help you to work through specific sexual problems, intimacy issues or general concerns about sexual functioning. It will encourage you to think about and identify any dysfunctional “sexual messages” you may have inherited and carried into your couple relationship.
Whilst psychosexual therapy is effective for couples working together on a problem, it can also be of great benefit to individuals wanting to address particular aspects of their sexuality.
Self worth and sexuality are usually very closely aligned.
Therapy - the gift we give ourselves...
“It is not events that disturb people, it is their judgements concerning them.” ― Epictetus
Working Integratively, means I work collaboratively with you as an individual or couple, tailoring the work to suit your specific needs and working with you towards an agreed goal.
• I offer CBT for focused work on specific issues such as anxiety, panic attacks, depression, phobias or any particular behaviours that you wish to change. This is usually short-term, goal orientated work where progress is evaluated at each session. CBT is also incorporated into my long-term work and is especially helpful in couples therapy where old familiar patterns of relating or unrealistic expectations are the cause of common tensions and conflict in the relationship.
CBT is a helpful tool for identifying and challenging unhelpful thoughts and beliefs which are causing you to feel stuck in certain negative or problematic behaviour cycles.
• Psychodynamic therapy is another area of my work. This means that we will talk about and explore childhood and other early significant experiences that have impacted on your life. These are often an unconscious driving force behind many behaviours. Addressing these within the work and making conscious the unconscious thoughts and feelings, can bring about significant insight into the way you function. This can lead to change in relationships as you shift from the old ways of thinking about yourself and others and begin to experience yourself differently. It can help to make sense of any long-held confusing or distressing feelings of guilt and shame that have kept you stuck and/or feeling trapped.
- Person Centred therapy: this will offer you the space to bring anything that's concerning you in the present moment from anxiety to work or family related issues, general mental health worries, anger, abuse or just feelings of sadness that you can't shake. I will help you to focus on what you want and need in the present to bring meaningful changes to your life.
My first session
The first session will usually be an Initial Assessment Session (which is charged for at the same fee as other sessions).
Thereafter, the sessions will be a collaborative process where we work together to bring about the changes you want for yourself.
What I can help with
Abuse, Anxiety, Bereavement, Child related issues, Cultural issues, Depression, Identity issues, LGBTQ+ counselling, Loss, Men's issues, Personal development, Post-traumatic stress, Relationships, Self esteem, Sex-related issues, Sexual identity, Sexuality, Spirituality, Trauma, Women's issues
Types of therapy
Behavioural, Brief therapy, CBT, Cognitive, Family therapy, Humanistic, Integrative, Interpersonal, Person centred, Psychodynamic, Relational, Solution focused brief therapy
Clients I work with
Adults, Couples, Families, Groups, Older adults, Organisations, Trainees
How I deliver therapy
Long term sessions, Long-term face-to-face work, Online therapy, Short term sessions, Short-term face-to-face work