- Phone number
- Available for home visits
- Concessionary rates
I am currently not taking on new clients.
Availability is expected in January 2024.
About me and my therapy practice
I believe that the relationship between myself and my clients is unique, special and fundamentally important in the therapeutic experience. I aim to provide a warm, nurturing and safe environment so that we can work together effectively.
I am an integrative counsellor whose approach to counselling is a blend of various therapeutic methods. In our counselling sessions, I draw from a range of techniques and theories, tailoring the approach to your individual needs and goals. This integrative approach allows us to explore different aspects of your life, emotions, and thought patterns. By doing so, we can work together to uncover the unique qualities and challenges that make you who you are. I sometimes call upon creative methods, interactive tools and an injection of humour to maximise the therapeutic process. What this means for my clients is a personalised and holistic approach to self-discovery and growth. Rather than offering quick fixes or telling you what to do, my aim is to guide you on a journey of self-understanding.
One of my areas of expertise and passion is working with Neurodivergent clients. I have both personal and professional experience in providing therapeutic support to individuals who identify as Neurodivergent. This includes those with conditions such as Autism, ADHD, Tourette's, Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA), Dyspraxia, and Dyslexia.
I have created a therapy space within my home, which I enjoy working from, my home is shared with a cat and dog, so please bear that in mind if you have any allergies. I offer discreet parking directly in front of my house, there is a bus stop at the end of the road if you are a public transport user (X60 Arriva)
My first session
Initial online introduction
- I offer a free half-hour online session for us to talk about your therapy needs and expectations. I will explain how I work and the approach I take. In this time you can get a measure of whether I am the person you would choose to work therapeutically with. It is important that you have an informed choice in who you get to work with.
- we can discuss any adjustments that need to be taken into account due to neurotype, communication differences, cultural differences or preferred identity considerations.
- If you decide to work together, I will send an electronic contract and contact detail forms.
First counselling session
- I will go over my contract details, which include payment details, confidentiality limitations, how to cancel a session and how I work ethically.
- Our session will last 50 minutes.
What I can help with
Abuse, ADD / ADHD, Addictions, AIDS/HIV, Anxiety, Autism spectrum, Bereavement, Cancer, Chronic fatigue syndrome / ME, Cultural issues, Depression, Eating disorders, Identity issues, Loss, Obsessions, OCD, Phobias, Post-traumatic stress, Relationships, Self-harm, Sexual identity, Sexuality, Trauma
Types of therapy
Creative therapy, Existential, Humanistic, Integrative, Person centred, Phenomenological, Transactional analysis
Clients I work with
Adults, Older adults, Organisations, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Email therapy, Home visits, Long term sessions, Long-term face-to-face work, Online therapy, Short term sessions, Short-term face-to-face work, Time-limited