- Phone number
- Flexible hours available
- Concessionary rates
About me and my therapy practice
I am a German Board Certified Child & Youth Psychotherapist and an accredited member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and Counselling and Psychotherapy in Scotland (COSCA). Before moving to Aberdeen in Summer 2018, I worked as a Psychotherapist at the German Neuroscience Center Dubai. I work with Children and Adults, mainly using CBT interventions.
My professional experience includes dealing with
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) to alleviate the distress associated with traumatic memories and other adverse life experiences to bring these to an adaptive resolution
- Virtual Reality Exposure Therapy (VRET) to treat specific phobias
- ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Anxiety Disorders (Bullying victims, Performance/ Social and Specific Anxieties, Panic attacks)
- Depressive Disorders
- Other behavioural and emotional disorders (such as adjustment, conduct, oppositional behaviour)
- Somatization disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive-Disorders (OCD)
in-depth case history
- thorough psychological examination
- treatment planning with parents and their children
- strong relationship
Initial Session with Adults
Along with my clients, I discuss their worries and goals and give an overview of evidence-based intervention.
I work with Children and Adults at my practice in the beautiful West End of Aberdeen/Scotland. My dog Loki is my Co-Therapist and always happy to engage in some fun time with you.
I offer also remote and anonymous sessions via Telehealth.
My first session
Therapy sessions last 50 min. I will send you a psychotherapy contract and an intake form which you can fill out and send back (no print) prior to your appointment. You can always get back to me if you have any queries.
What I can help with
Abuse, ADD / ADHD, Anxiety, Autism spectrum, Bereavement, Child related issues, Cultural issues, Depression, Eating disorders, Identity issues, Loss, Obsessions, OCD, Phobias, Post-traumatic stress, Pregnancy related issues, Relationships, Self esteem, Self-harm, Sexual identity, Spirituality, Trauma, Women's issues
Types of therapy
Behavioural, Brief therapy, CBT, Cognitive, EMDR, Play therapy, Solution focused brief therapy
Clients I work with
Adults, Children, EAP, Families, Older adults, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Online therapy, Short-term face-to-face work, Time-limited
English, German, Turkish