- Phone number
- 01706 538 500
- Flexible hours available
About me and my therapy practice
My name is Tracey Brown; I am an integrative psychotherapist/counsellor working with Person Centred, CBT and Humanistic therapies. I have worked over 30 years in the NHS and Paramedic emergency services. I currently work in private practice with adults and older teenagers 16+. I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Do you suffer from anxiety, depression, loss, unresolved anger, or perhaps low self-esteem? Are you feeling stuck, unable to move in the direction you want, and finding it difficult to understand why? Are you experiencing mid-life changes, the perimenopause, menopause and andropause (Male menopause) which can have a significant effect on how you are feeling? Are you finding family and relationships challenging?
Whatever brings you to counselling, we can explore it together to find meaning, understanding and a path forward. I offer a safe, non-judgemental space where you will feel accepted and understood. Given the right conditions, we all have an enormous capacity for change and personal growth through the development of deeper insight and self-awareness.
People like you, who come to see me might be experiencing thoughts, feelings, behaviours, or situations they find difficult to understand or manage. Counselling allows us to create a space where you can be supported to take stock and explore how circumstances have affected you. It can help you better understand yourself by shifting the lenses with which you view yourself and your life and what is important to you, developing new insights, self-acceptance, and personal growth.
• Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
• Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling - Level 4
• Certificate in Counselling Skills - Level 3
• Counselling Concepts Award - Level 2
Types of therapy
Integrative, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Person centred, Humanistic.
• Integrative – this therapeutic approach involves selecting and combining techniques best suited to a client's particular problem e.g., Person Centred and CBT.
• CBT - this approach looks at how your thoughts affect your feeling and how this then affects your behaviour. (This approach is recommended by NICE guidelines for depression).
• Person Centred - this therapy helps you to get in touch with your feelings and can be powerful in helping with self-development and understanding yourself, working through your issues.
• Humanistic – this approach is about self-exploration, free will, self-discovery and achieving your full potential as a human being.
What I can help with
Abuse, Addictions, Anger management, Anxiety, Bereavement, Depression, Eating disorders, Loss, Menopause, Men's issues, Obsessions, OCD, Phobias, Post-traumatic stress, Redundancy, Self esteem, Self-harm, Stress, Trauma, Women's issues, Work related issues
Types of therapy
CBT, Humanistic, Integrative, Person centred
Clients I work with
Adults, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Online therapy, Short-term face-to-face work