- Phone number
- Concessionary Rates
About me and my therapy practice
I have spent much of the last fifteen years in both counselling and pastoral leadership (schools, Children's Centres) helping mums, dads and carers with family worries and concerns.
These are some of the problems I’ve helped people with over the years:
• “Why is my daughter so angry all of a sudden? She wasn’t like it last year, and she won’t talk to me about it!”
• “My son seems really sad at the moment. He’s only eleven. My partner says he just needs to man up and get over it, but I’m desperately worried.”
• “The twins are in Year Eight now – and friendship politics are driving both them and us crazy. My eldest is refusing to go to school at all. Help!”
• “I’m just exhausted and fed up: when do I get to have a life?
• “My daughter won’t pull her weight. My partner laughs it off, but thinking back to my own teenage years, I just can’t get past thinking of my daughter as ungrateful and spoilt. I hate the way we argue about this.”
• “Because of struggles our son’s had, we’re having to be the main carers for our granddaughter. We don’t resent it, we love her – but my wife and I grew up in the 1950s. How are we supposed to understand and manage teenagers nowadays?”
This isn’t a complete list, as there are as many different kinds of family worries as there are families! Mums, dads and carers who have talked with me previously have said that I’m “easy to talk to”, “non-judgmental”, “honest and approachable” and “patient and creative in helping me to see a way forward.” Please contact me if you would like to know more about how I work, or enquire about an initial, no-obligation appointment.
What I can help with
Men's issues, Self esteem, Child related issues, Relationships, Stress, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Gestalt, Person centred
Clients I work with
Adults, Older adults, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Home visits, Long-term face-to-face work, Short-term face-to-face work