- Phone number
- Concessionary rates
About me and my therapy practice
About me and my therapy practice
I am an experienced counsellor working with a wide range of clients, including clients from different ethnic and cultural groups.
I have also completed additional training in CBT
I offer counselling sessions on the telephone and zoom
I work in providing a safe, confidential, non-judgemental space for clients to explore their thoughts and feelings.
- As a member of BACP I work to a high professional standard which is based on the principle BACP Ethical Framework and experience gained.
- Working to meeting the legal obligation
- Providing a confidential, non-judgemental space for the client. Maintenance of records
- Agreeing with the clients the best way to work together
- Always putting the client first, the service is tailored around the client. Enhancing their well-being and empowering them to change their lifestyle and environment
- Building a counselling relationship of trust and respect, respecting the client's rights of choice
- Establishing and maintaining professional and personal boundaries
- I receive monthly supervision one and a half hour.
- I am aware of my responsibilities and accountabilities to my client myself and my profession
- Continuous Professional Development is very important to the personal development of the counsellor and will be beneficial to the client. Keeping my skills and knowledge up to date
My first session
This is the introduction session getting to know you. Information gathering.
I would talk about my training and experience and practice. The client saying why seeking counselling now, any history of previous counselling.
Through questions and answers from both side, helping the client to make a decision regard the counsellor and counselling.
If both feel that counselling would be beneficial for the client, counsellor proceed with explaining the framework of counselling including confidentiality, non judgemental space, the length and timing of the sessions, payment and cancellation policy.
Explain the process of making a complaint if not happy with the service offered
All these are discussed with the client asking questions, the client's details is taken and GP next of kin a clear explanation is given on the reason why these are needed.
The contract is either agreed and signed at the first or the following session
The start of a positive counselling relationship
The Client leaves with the counsellor's contact details and next appointment
What I can help with
Abuse, Addictions, Anger management, Anxiety, Bereavement, Child related issues, Chronic fatigue syndrome / ME, Cultural issues, Depression, Health related issues, Identity issues, Infertility, Loss, Men's issues, Obsessions, OCD, Phobias, Post-traumatic stress, Pregnancy related issues, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Self-harm, Sexual identity, Sexuality, Spirituality, Stress, Substance Dependency, Trauma, Women's issues, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Brief therapy, CBT, Emotionally focused therapy, Family therapy, Humanistic, Integrative, Person centred, Relational, Solution focused brief therapy, Transactional analysis, Transpersonal
Clients I work with
Adults, Children, Couples, EAP, Families, Groups, Older adults, Trainee, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Home visits, Long-term face-to-face work, Online counselling, Short-term face-to-face work, Telephone counselling, Time-limited