- Concessionary rates
*UNABLE TO TAKE ON NEW CLIENTS AT PRESENT*
Evenings from 7pm.
Sessions last 1 hour.
Therapy sessions are online or via telephone, so there is no need to travel.
About me and my therapy practice
My name is Charlotte and I have been providing counselling and psychotherapy to adolescents and adults since 2018. I am fully qualified with a Masters degree in Integrative Psychotherapy.
I work with adolescents and young adults, offering therapeutic support to those experiencing depression or low moods, anxiety or anxious thoughts, suicidal feelings, self harm, low self esteem, negative body image, identity issues, family or relationship problems, and fears of the future. I also support those who have experienced trauma, including sexual abuse (historic/current).
And I am experienced in working with the LGBTQ+ youth community.
You will be offered a friendly, accepting, confidential and non-judgemental space, in which you can explore any issues or problems you are experiencing.
We will then work together towards making things feel better and more manageable.
I am often asked how long it will take to feel better, and the truth is it varies; it could be after only a few sessions, or therapy could be longer term. It very much depends on your needs/wants from therapy and what 'better' means for you. Which is something we will establish.
From my end though, there is no session limit so you do not have to feel pressured to talk about everything right away, you can take time to build trust and you can have a space where you feel really listened to.
- Masters in Integrative Psychotherapy
- Graduate Certificate in Advanced Counselling
- ACES Training
- Children & Young Person Counselling
- Covid-19 & Mental Health in Adolescents
- Cult Awareness Training
- Dealing with Distress: Working with Suicide & Self Harm
- Diploma in Bereavement & Grief Counselling
- Expressive Arts Therapy
- Gender Identity Awareness
- MindEd Counselling / Healthy Child Mental Health Framework: 13-19
- Online & Telephone Counselling
- Rape and Sexual Abuse Counselling
- Responding Effectively to Survivors of Sexual Assault
- Suicide First Aid Training
- Walk & Talk/Ecotherapy Training
- Working with Suicidal Clients & Risk Assessment
- Gender Identities Course
I work in private practice and I am employed by a college to provide counselling to adolescents.
I have also provided counselling in the charity sector and at a rape and sexual abuse service.
Before becoming a therapist, I worked as a Samaritan's Listener for over four years.
My first sessionReaching out to take the next step may feel difficult, and finding the right support can feel daunting. To make it easier I offer a couple of different ways to get started:
- An optional 15 minute telephone consultation, for free, so we can speak in person before you make any commitment (email me first to arrange, and then I call you at a set time & day).
- Alternatively, you can have a consultation via email where you can ask as many questions as you like.
- You can email me to arrange a session without a consultation.
- There is an option of Zoom Video sessions or Voice sessions.
If you are a parent who is worried about their teen, you can enquire on their behalf initially to find out whether I could help support them.
What I can help with
Abuse, Anxiety, Bereavement, Child related issues, Depression, Identity issues, Loss, Post-traumatic stress, Self esteem, Self-harm, Sexual identity, Sexuality, Trauma, Women's issues
Types of therapy
Emotionally focused therapy, Existential, Humanistic, Integrative, Person centred, Phenomenological, Relational
Clients I work with
Adults, Children, Trainees, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Long term sessions, Online therapy, Short term sessions, Telephone therapy