- Phone number
- Flexible hours available
- Available for home visits
About me and my therapy practiceCocoon Arts Therapy (CAT) serves to support emotional and relational development of children, young people aged between 4 and 25 years old and their families using arts and therapy. It currently comprises of a single counsellor – Anne-Marie Reid-Cofie
The use of the Arts may include drawing, puppets, sand-tray, clay work, board games, etc. and inclusion of the arts is optional. Sessions are 50 mins and my practice draws on the integration of four theoretical theories: attachment, neuroscience, psychodynamic and systemic.
CAT offers the following:
1. Individual Counselling - weekly support to children and young people aged 4-25 year olds to explore and express emotions that may be bottled up or expressed uncontrollably.
2. Parent-Child/Family counselling – therapeutic support for parents and children who may be experiencing difficulties managing their relationships possibly due to, break-down in communication, attachment difficulties, a traumatic or unexpected event(s).
4. Family and Youth Arts projects – tailored therapeutic group-work arts based workshops or projects, delivered in partnership with organisations. Project duration is between 6 – 14 weeks inclusive of performance or screening events and opportunities to gain Arts Awards qualification (GCSE equivalency).
5. Creative Supervision - Reflective space and support for those in the helping profession.
Sessions can take place in schools, community settings and within the home.
What I can help with
Abuse, Anxiety, Bereavement, Depression, Loss, Post-traumatic stress, Trauma, Cultural issues, Identity issues, Self esteem, Women's issues, Child related issues, Relationships, Anger management, Redundancy, Stress, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Creative therapy, Family therapy, Integrative, Play therapy, Psychodynamic, Relational, Systemic
Clients I work with
Trainee, Children, Families, Organisations, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Home visits, Long-term face-to-face work, Online counselling, Short-term face-to-face work, Telephone counselling, Time-limited