- Phone number
- Available for home visits
About me and my therapy practiceCocoon Arts Therapy (CAT) serves to support emotional and relational development of children, young people aged between 4 and 25 years old and their families using arts and therapy. It currently comprises of a single counsellor – Anne-Marie Reid-Cofie
The use of the Arts may include drawing, puppets, sand-tray, clay work, board games, etc. and inclusion of the arts is optional. Sessions are 50 mins and my practice draws on the integration of four theoretical theories: attachment, neuroscience, psychodynamic and systemic.
CAT offers the following:
1. Individual Counselling - weekly support to children and young people aged 4-25 year olds to explore and express emotions that may be bottled up or expressed uncontrollably.
2. Parent-Child/Family counselling – therapeutic support for parents and children who may be experiencing difficulties managing their relationships possibly due to, break-down in communication, attachment difficulties, a traumatic or unexpected event(s).
4. Family and Youth Arts projects – tailored therapeutic group-work arts based workshops or projects, delivered in partnership with organisations. Project duration is between 6 – 14 weeks inclusive of performance or screening events and opportunities to gain Arts Awards qualification (GCSE equivalency).
5. Creative Supervision - Reflective space and support for those in the helping profession.
Sessions can take place in schools, community settings and within the home.
What I can help with
Abuse, Anger management, Anxiety, Bereavement, Child related issues, Cultural issues, Depression, Identity issues, Loss, Post-traumatic stress, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Stress, Trauma, Women's issues, Work related issues
Clients I work with
Children, Families, Organisations, Trainee, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Home visits, Long-term face-to-face work, Online counselling, Short-term face-to-face work, Telephone counselling, Time-limited