More than 30,000 BACP members currently work in private practice in some capacity. In partnership with the Private Practice division, we've compiled this toolkit of resources to support you with all aspects of setting up, managing, developing and working in a private practice.
We brought forward the launch of this toolkit to support members during the current crisis. We're producing additional content and will be updating the resources regularly to ensure the information is current and relevant to your business.
Using the resources
Most of these resources are free access for all members, but:
- to read articles from Private Practice journal you'll need to be a member of the Private Practice division or sign up for a free online journal subscription
- to access the CPD resources, you'll need to subscribe to our CPD hub. This costs £25 a year and is in addition to your standard membership fees
- Is private practice right for you?
- Self-employed or limited company?
- Who will you work with?
- Specialist or generic?
- Finance, tax and insurance
- GDPR and record-keeping
- Working with clients
- Working online
- Developing your skills
- Personal safety
- Ethical support
Latest from the Private Practice division
Other useful resources
We'd like to thank Lesley Ludlow and Caz Binstead from the Private Practice division executive for their work on the compilation of this toolkit and the development of new resources.
If you have any questions or comments about the toolkit or would like to suggest additional content, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.