How to apply
If you meet the eligibility criteria, you need to:
- provide details of your training, with copies of any relevant award certificates
- provide details of your practice and supervision
- submit a report from your supervisor
- complete four reflective practice sections (criteria 6 to 9), demonstrating your understanding of what you do with examples from your practice
You submit your application using our online form. Log into this website and click on the apply button at top of this page.
We're sorry but our online form is currently unavailable - please do not try to apply or add it to your cart. It will be back online soon.
Details of your training, practice and supervision are entered directly into the form, while criteria 6 to 9 and your supervisor's report should be completed on the templates provided in the Application guide and uploaded at the end.
Please see the detailed guidance and interactive resources provided in the Application guide for each section before you start.
The online form is slightly different to our previous form, but if you've already started using the paper form, we will accept it until 30 November 2022.
The application fee for accreditation is £230.
If you qualify for a reduced membership fee, your application fee will automatically be reduced to £115.
If you have a disability and require additional support to complete your application, you can apply for a fee reduction of £45. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org explaining what support you need. You need to claim the reduction before paying the application fee.
If you need any support, or have any specific questions about your accreditation application, please contact our customer services team on 01455 883300 or email email@example.com. You can also check our Accreditation FAQs.
If you need further guidance with the reflective practice criteria, you can book a 30 minute one-to-one telesurgery with an assessor. Sessions costs £25, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment.
Assessment process and outcomes
When you submit your application, we'll send you an acknowledgement email to confirm we've received it. It can then take around six months to complete the assessment process.
Our accreditation team will check your application to make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and that we have all the information we need. We'll email you if we have any queries.
Once our checks are complete, we'll send your application to one of our assessment team.
You can track the progress of your application on your member dashboard, which is in your member account area. You may see:
- Submitted – we've received your application
- Processing – we're checking you application
- In assessment – your application is with an assessor
- Moderation – we select some applications at random for quality assurance
We'll send you an automated email when we've completed our assessment and you'll be able to see our decision in your member dashboard.
Our decision may be:
If your application is unsuccessful, you can appeal if you think that either:
- the assessment procedure has not been followed correctly, or
- your application has not been fairly and properly assessed against the published criteria
Disagreeing with the assessor’s decision or wishing to submit new information are not grounds for appeal.
Find out more about making an appeal