We have five senior accreditation schemes:
- Practitioner - Counsellor or Psychotherapist
- Practitioner - Counsellor or Psychotherapist for Children and Young People
- Practitioner - Counsellor or Psychotherapist for Healthcare
- Supervisor - of Individuals
- Supervisor - of Groups
You can apply for as many senior accreditation specialisms as you wish, as long as you meet the eligibility criteria for the specific scheme. Each application will be assessed separately.
Benefits of senior accreditation
All your existing member benefits plus:
- use of the designatory letters 'MBACP (Snr Accred)'
- a certificate of accreditation and a unique logo that you can use to promote your practice
- professional recognition of your specialist expertise
To apply for senior accreditation you must:
- be a current registered accredited member of BACP and have been accredited for at least three years
- have been in practice for at least three years and have completed a minimum number of supervised practice hours since your initial accreditation
- have a minimum number of hours of continuing professional development (CPD) relevant to your specialism since your initial accreditation
- have an ongoing supervision arrangement in place (Practitioner schemes) or have access to consultative support (Supervisor schemes)
The amount of training and CPD hours required varies, so please check the specific scheme for details.
As a BACP member, you agree to abide by our Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions and our Professional Conduct Procedure. You had to read and agree to these as part of your original membership application.
You should also read our Membership policies and protocols
As a senior accredited member, you must agree to the terms and conditions of the BACP Register. You'll have to recommit to these every year when you renew your membership online.
How to apply
The process is similar to your original accreditation. You need to complete an in-depth application providing evidence of your practice, supervision and CPD. You must also complete a reflective practice section, demonstrating your understanding of what you do with examples from your practice.
Membership subscriptions run for a year and are reviewed annually.
If you’re receiving certain state benefits or have no personal income, you may be entitled to pay a reduced fee. You'll need to select this option when you renew online. See our Reduced fee policy.