My name is Michelle Glover and I am conducting psychotherapy research. I am a practicing BACP registered integrative counsellor based in Cornwall.
On a Doctorate in Counselling Psychology and Psychotherapy by Professional Studies at the Metanoia Institute, my research is titled ‘A constructivist grounded theory analysis of how, from the clients’ perspective, therapists’ humour contributes to their relationship within adult dyadic therapy.’
I am looking to recruit former clients of therapy who:
- Have been in one-to-one therapy within last 24 months
- Can recall at least one occasion when their therapist was, or tried to be, funny; this may include the therapist making jokes, playing on words, using sarcasm or laughing during sessions.
Participants must be:
- Over 18 years old
- Not a qualified psychologist, psychotherapist or counsellor, and
- No longer in therapy.
I am inviting qualified therapists, of any modality or qualification, to:
- Print and display the attached flyer in their waiting rooms, and/or
- Post the flyer via social media platforms related to their therapeutic work.
Please note that the focus of my research is upon client experience and does not seek to identify practitioners. Should you be so kind as to promote my study, I would very much appreciate you letting me know.
Similarly, if you have any questions or would like to be sent a hard copy of the flyer to display, please contact me via 0208 579 2505, or directly by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.