How has Covid-19 impacted on your practice and well-being? This research study is exploring how effects of a global pandemic may have impacted on the counselling profession.
My name is Patrikios Pierrakos and I am a counselling trainee studying for an MSc in Counselling in the School of Psychology at Bangor University. I am entering my second year of study and I am completing my research dissertation under my supervisor Prof Fay Short.
As part of my Masters degree, I am conducting a research study exploring the impact of Covid-19 on your wellbeing, life satisfaction, and work as a counsellor or psychotherapist. We would like to learn more about your experience of the Covid-19 pandemic in order to explore how this has impacted on your personal and professional life as a counsellor.
This study will invite you to complete an online questionnaire containing questions about the following:
- Your personal details, such as age, gender, etc
- Your experience of delivering therapy during the Covid-19 lockdown, such as whether you were shielding, what challenges you met, whether you used remote therapy methods, how it felt, etc
- How you related to clients before, during, and after lockdown (relational depth)
- How you were feeling before, during, and after lockdown (wellbeing)
- How satisfied with life you were before, during, and after lockdown (satisfaction)
If you are a counsellor and would be willing to help me with my research, please click on this link and complete my questionnaire.
Thank you for your time,