The proposed research project aims to explore women’s experiences of the challenges they might be experiencing/have experienced in their family relationships during midlife.
Have you felt challenged by family responsibilities with children/partner/ageing parents?
Would you like to take part in a research study to share your experiences of these challenges during midlife?
If you are interested in taking part in this research it will involve a confidential interview that will last no longer than one hour, and this interview will be audio recorded.
This research is being undertaken as part of my MA in Clinical Counselling at the University of Chester and has been ethically approved by The Department of Social and Political Science Ethics Committee.
To take part you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a woman aged 55-62 and live in England or Wales
- Self-identify as sufficiently fluent and proficient in written and spoken English to participate freely
- Reflect upon your experiences of challenging family relationships you have faced during midlife from age 40 onwards
- Safely explore your experiences to be able to talk openly and freely
- Access to an online platform; Zoom, Facetime or Skype and that you are able to participate in an interview lasting up to one hour in private and without interruption
- Commit to being involved in this project for up to 2 hours to allow sufficient time to read all participant information and correspond with researcher as part of the recruitment process
- Not had therapy for significant trauma or post-traumatic stress disorder.
If you are interested in taking part or have any questions about the research please contact me via my University email at email@example.com.
Please note the closing date: Friday 30 July 2021.
Thank you for taking the time to consider this study.